Friday, November 11, 2011

Opening Mission Call


I originally never thought of going on a mission until my dad had a dream when I was 17. He came out of his room from working night shift saying, “I just had a dream, you went on a mission to London.” I didn’t want to hear it. I was not thinking about it. Skip ahead a few years, I was in Institute Sorority at the U of U. At the end of my second year being there, I was asked to be a Sisterhood Counselor. When the First Presidency canceled Lambda Delta Sigma, I came home and read my Patriarchal Blessing. I had the feeling my prayers were getting answered, on what to do turning 21. I was supposed to serve a mission.
I turned my papers in on October 9th, 2011. Through the 4 weeks waiting for my call, there were some problems with my blood results. They had to hold my papers until I had more tests done. Finally we figured out it was just a lab error; in return it was a blessing. 1st I received more of an answer to my prayer about serving a mission. When the option was almost taken away from me it was really hard for me. 2nd my dad was not going to be able to be present if I received my papers in the 2nd-3rd week. With the delay of running my tests again, my dad was able to be THERE!! (:
It was the most AMAZING experience opening my call that is just for me. That’s my call, that’s where Heavenly Father wants me to go. Opening it, seeing ENGLAND! I knew it was where I’m supposed to go. Heavenly Father knows me and answers prayers.
This gospel is AMAZING! I can’t wait to share it with the people in Birmingham.



1 comment: