Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My First Area

 My first week in my first area – Solihull
We are teaching this really cool guy. He was planning on getting baptized this next week but we pushed it back to 10th of March. Hopefully he will be ready. We taught him on Friday and asked him the baptism questions, just to see where he was at. He knows there’s a God and Jesus Christ. Not sure about Joseph Smith being a prophet or Thomas S. Monson. We are going to see him every day this week trying to prepare him for his interview.  We had stake conference this week and he said he would go to the Saturday night meeting, not Sunday. Well, he came to Saturday and LOVED it. We had a Quorum of the 70 there speaking and he answered all of his questions. It was amazing!! Both Sister Rose and I were so excited and blessed; He felt something.  He decided to come to the Sunday meeting 10 minutes before it started. The same thing happened, all the talks were on every concern he was having. The spirit was there so strong!!

There is another guy we are teaching and he is awesome as well!! He used to be an atheist but now he said he is about 25% thinking there is a Jesus Christ. "I mean someone had to create this earth" haha, he is really cute. He said, “I stood up for you Mormons the other day. People were saying you are a colt and mean people and you’re not! I went to church and they just took me in. I made a lot of new friends. It was really cool.” I feel like it is his time. He said he is going to bring his daughter and granddaughter to church this next week! Hopefully he does!! Please pray for him as well.

Riding in a skirt on a bike...let’s just say is very rude!! Haha. Especially when it is windy! Haha.  Let’s just say last night when we were biking to a home for FHE, we were going to teach at. The wind kept blowing and my skirt was just flying high haha. I had to stop like every 10 sec. to fix it; Poor Sister Rose. I'm going to get better!! I feel bad. But I am getting better at the bike and improving my skills haha. I can ride with one hand now! Haha :) Not that cool, I know but the first day...let’s just say it was not the best thing to do, the first day on the bike :) ha. We are teaching on the streets. I'm getting a little better at it. I’m still fresh at it but it’s getting a little more comfortable. This week will hopefully be good. I can’t wait to go to church this next week and meet people from the ward. Stake conference was really good. I met the Bishop on Friday. But I'm just not sure who is in Solihull or not. It was really fun to see some of my MTC friends at
Stake conference!! I miss them!

Here are some pictures so you can see what I have done today. and my AREA!! :) Some pics are of the flat, and others of my morning. We just walked around and took pictures right outside our flat. We live in the city, kind of the whole mall is underneath our flat!!I love you ALL!! Tell everyone Hi! And have a good week!! I can’t wait for more letters! :) LOVES.


My First Flat 

Touring Solihull

My Flat

Downtown Solihull

The Bike!!!


             
Rylee Being funny!!



1 comment:

  1. Haha I love her! Glad she likes her first area and some of the people they are teaching have an interest! Love the pictures :) Miss her!

    ReplyDelete