Monday, April 16, 2012

A New Week


A New Week!!
Hello family!!

 So this week has been crazy. Full of ups and downs. It was so sad to see Sister Rose leave me!!!! :( It is not very nice of President Ogden to give me an amazing trainer and then take her away from me! I Miss her so much!! The day Sister Turnbow and I left our trainers, was very sad. We drove away from the Mission Office and we were both crying, and it felt weird that they weren't with us. I've gotten used to always having Sister Rose by me. 24/7. It will probably be weird when I get home. Sister Turnbow and I drove away and I had an appointment in Solihull. So we drove to the appointment. We were both a little nervous because we never taught with each other at the MTC, and our trainers are gone. But the lesson was AMAZING!! Her name is S. She is golden. Asked the right questions. The spirit was there, testifying to her of the truthfulness of the message. It was awesome to teach together. Sister Turnbow is an amazing missionary. She really makes me love being a missionary. Wednesday was transfers. So I probably told that to you last week...sorry!! It was really good though. Sister Louis is my new companion. She has been out 6 months. She is a great missionary she loves the people in her other areas. We taught Jess this week. It was awesome. We taught her the restoration. It went really well. Mia who is an YSA has gone out of her way to help Jess. They used to be friends in school. But Mia invited her to church and they were going to get ready together. Saturday we went and gave her a church tour. She really wanted to see inside the church before she came. It was so good. She felt the spirit. When we went into the chapel, and sat. She said "I feel like I’ve been here before, I feel comfortable, and peaceful" it was awesome! She is super excited to come to church. Later that night she texted us and said that her mom doesn't want her to come to church. Jess respects her parents so much so she just said ok. But she doesn't know what to do. She really wants to come and she wants them to support her. Her parents think it’s a "phase" and that she will grow out of it. But Jess says no, I really want to get baptized and start living the commandments. She is so amazing. I’m so grateful that her desire is still growing. I hope her family starts to support her decision in coming to church. Please pray for her. F- He believes in the church. He is doing really well. He believes in the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and the church is true. He just needs that feeling. He wants this certain feeling. He is getting all these signs and I think he can see that. But he wants it to come from his heart. Hopefully  Sis. Louis and I will continue to teach him and he will get that feeling that he wants. He is reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning; also reading the Gospel Principles book. He loves reading and learning more.

On Sunday, I gave a talk. They asked me Friday, to talk about my favorite talk at conference. It was really hard to choose my favorite. It was also very hard to write a long one without the computer, and the talk in front of me. I did my very best and that is all I can ask for. The bishop asked for 10 minutes and that’s what I did. Hopefully as time goes on I will get better at talks and be able to talk longer. I feel better at giving talks but I just want them to be longer, like a missionary. 


I love being a missionary. It’s a really great experience; to learn and grow. To experience different things. To share the gospel with all your brothers and sisters. To build your testimony, as well as help others gain one. To realize we are here on earth to learn and grow. To be tested and gain the understanding while we are here in mortality. We aren't here to see how much money we get. We are here for a reason and we will be judged with how we use our time here on earth. This makes me refocus. Sister Louis and I always say. Let’s use our time wisely because we will never get this day back! I love this because while I am here on a mission. These experiences with these people only happen once in a lifetime. So I am grateful for this opportunity to help others grow closer to the Lord.


I received letters this week. Grandma, Katelyn Daynes, Mom Thank you so much!!! They make my day!!! :) I love them I am going to write everyone back hopefully today!!! If not next week. I love you all!! Keep up the good work and don’t forget to read the scriptures!! I love them! :) Reading them every morning!!!


Love you!!! SO MUCH!  Mother’s day is coming!!!!!!!!!!! So excited. Love you all hope you have a great week. Thank you for everything you do for me and the examples that you are. 


Loves!!!! :)

Sister Nelson with the beautiful Tulips

Sister Louis and Sister Nelson

Sister Nelson and Sister Louis

Sister Nelson being her cute self!!!

What beautiful smiles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment