Monday, May 7, 2012

Another Week in the Mission Field


Another Week

Hello Family, Landon I LOVE your car!!! :) It looks so pretty! :) In the pictures it looks like you are having some good weather. I'm jealous!! Ha ha its cold here! I guess this April was the coldest April it has been in the last 25 years. But its fine, I'm enjoying it, some day’s hahah :)
  
This week has been pretty good. We did some tracting on Tuesday and we went to Olton. We biked there! In the pouring rain...ALL DAY! :) You just have to smile and enjoy ha :) But we went by some potentials, passed out some Book of Mormon’s and had a pretty good day. We went by a referral a ward member gave to us she wasn't interested. But hopefully down the line she will come to church. Her family seems really sweet. Wednesday we had a good district mtg. We did area reports where you talk about an investigator and get feedback from the other missionaries in your district. We talked about F and his problem with tithing. It was really nice to hear other investigators and they’re also struggling with tithing as well. We went and saw F twice this week. With different members. It went really well. F is starting to let us talk a little bit more. He doesn't go off on as many tangents as he used to. We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The principles. The first lesson we taught about FAITH. That’s all; it was a really good lesson. Sis. Arnold who came with us shared a cool analogy about faith. How it is like a light switch. Sometimes the light just comes on for people. Like something just clicks or makes sense. Others they have a light dimmer. They go to church, take lessons from the missionaries. Every time they do these things they turn the dimmer and the light slowly gets brighter. This is exactly what is happening for F. He believes but he still has his doubts, with something’s. But he BELIEVES!!! Is what he always says. He just has a problem with commitments. He is scared of them. He is praying about baptism this weekend. Hopefully he follows through.

J is doing well, we found out more of his concerns with Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. So now we can work on that. How he explains the church is that it is a club.  He is not a member yet. I don't really like how he explains it like that. Hopefully He will get the testimony that he needs to get baptized. Cause he does believe and has faith.

We saw some less Actives this week, A, was the first baptism in 2 yrs. it happened the Saturday before I got here to Solihull. He blessed the sacrament yesterday. He did so well. I felt like a proud Mother! haha :) the bishop kept looking at me and I had a smile from ear to ear. He also got a calling!! A ward missionary!! :) He is already doing that, so it’s awesome! But now he feels involved in the ward which is awesome! He has such a strong testimony. We found out this week that he got a Book of Mormon from the Elders about 20 years ago. So they planted that seed. He wasn't ready at that time. So I don’t ever get disappointed! If I never baptize anyone it’s okay. I know that I am doing my best and the people  I hand a card to, or smile, or talk to them at their door. They aren't interested, you never know down the line when they will remember and want to find out for themselves.

I love this gospel. I love being a missionary, and sharing what I believe. What makes me excited to be here, in England? Heavenly Father LOVES all of us so much and just wants us to return and live with him. This is just a short time here on earth. Our test, and we will continue to learn and grow, and be tested but that's why we are here. I actually read the For Strength of Youth booklet.  The NEW one. It was very good! I loved it!!

I CANT WAIT FOR MOTHERS DAY!!! I am counting down the days!!! I Can’t wait to see and talk to you in less then 7 days! :)
 Love you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment