Monday, August 27, 2012

Robin Hood


A crazy week

I had kind-of a crazy week. On Tuesday we were biking to the church, which is about 3 1/2 miles away. We were biking and it started to sprinkle. I told Sister Brooks "oh I love love biking in the rain :)" next thing I know....it starts to pour down rain. Fully!!! Like I was SOAKING WET!! My skirt was stuck to my legs as I was biking. Haha we pulled into the church car park and the elders had just arrived. They took pictures of us. I was so wet. But it was fun. Good memories!! :)

We had our zone meeting on Wednesday. We talked a lot about keeping the rod in the water. The fishers that fish all day have a better chance of getting more fish. Rather than the fishers who only spend 2 hrs in the water. So this made me kind of take a step back and look at what I was doing. Then the Elder said something that triggered something in me, he tries to see everyone in white when he walks down the street. To see them as, they have already accepted it. I sometimes look at people and say oh they won’t talk to me, or oh I don’t want them to talk bad about me after I leave. But the thought of what the Elder said came into my head. Give them all the chance. Picture them as already accepting it. They all ready have before, YOU ARE JUST REMINDING THEM!  So after that day I felt so good!! I felt like I was the best missionary that I could be. I didn't want to pass anyone without talking to them on the street. It was the best day ever :) the best I have ever done probably. We also did splits, so everyone was on their own, but we could still see each other. I was on the High Street. Sometimes I get nervous about talking to people with my companion; whoever it is because you never know what they want to say. Sometimes you think “what would they have said, did I just answer that weird. “But when you are on your own you say whatever the Lord puts into your mouth. You see that you actually CAN do it! :) The best feeling ever! :) Friday was a really good day.

On Sunday, I gave a talk! :) First off you will be proud, because I was so proud of myself! :)  I talked for 15 minutes! :) Ahhhhh so freaking good! I talked about effective study. It went really well. I gave my experiences, and some of the suggestions that are in Preach My Gospel. I really have come to love this book. It really is for every member of the church. Not just for missionaries. It helps you grow in the gospel. To Study new things, to gain a stronger relationship with Heavenly Father. Also, it helps us with our purpose we all take when we are baptized. To share what we know with everyone. To build up the Lords kingdom here on Earth. It was a really good sacrament meeting. I really enjoyed it.

Earlier today we went to Nottingham, We saw Robin Hood the statue. It was really cool!! :) We have had a great day. We are going to have Zone conference on Wednesday, and going to London on Thursday. So a pretty busy week :)
                       
I love you all!
Rylee and Robin Hood

Sister Brooks, Sister Nelson and Robin Hood

Rylee in a funny hat

No comments:

Post a Comment