Monday, March 11, 2013

English Mother's Day


FAMILY!!!!

Wow this mission is just flying by. I don’t think I like it. It is kind of freaking me out. I am 5 months away from coming home. I don’t know if I am ready to do it yet. I love this too much. It does have those hard days, but it is the best Job in the world to do. I love it. You never have a dull moment.  Especially with my new companion, we have so much fun together.

This week has been pretty good. It was kind of hard considering we are opening a new area and no progress records to help us. But we finally got them at the end of the week. It was great. We have done a lot of finding. I have grown to love it. It used to scare me, talking to people; but now it doesn't. It just is the best feeling to talk to people about what we have to share with them.

We have had some miracles this week. We met this guy, he is awesome. He just opened up to us and told us how he is having such a hard time. We gave him a pamphlet and hopefully we can find out where he lives. The next day we went to the road we found him on. I told my companion I really wanted to find a family before I leave. We started tracting this road. No one was answering and so we said one more door. That last door we knocked on there was this lovely lady. She is so sweet. She told us she wants to find out more about God. She has no belief in God. We were able to set up a return appointment with her. :) :) :) Miracle!! We went and saw her the next day. She was just asking about life, why are we here. How do you know God is real? Her son has been asking about God. She doesn't know how to answer. This is one of the reasons why she wants to meet with us. During the lesson she said she wants to stop drinking and smoking. :) wow!! Then she said she is going to be getting married to her partner soon. She ASKED if she could come to church, and she wants to bring her family. :) :) Oh my gosh! It was amazing!! I really love missionary work.

The rest of the week we were finding people, we had a lot of miracles. While we were out we found a group, they were super sweet. They said that they might come to game night next week. It was great. In this ward we have game night every Thursday night. So you can bring friends and ward members and play some football (soccer) and other games. It is fun. But I am terrible at football!!

This week was English Mothers Day. It is weird going through the same holiday's here again. I remember my first Mothers Day here. Weird!!! It was with sis. Rose. I took notes; it was my first Sunday after stake conference.

Our area is doing well, still trying to get a hold of stuff. It is kind of stressful. But all I know is that I am trying my best. I know that the Lords hand is in the work. I have seen it throughout my whole mission. I know that he is leading us and guiding us to the people He is preparing to receive the restored gospel. I know the people we talked to are being prepared by the Lord. We are just the messengers!

Love you!!! I hope you all have a great week.

-Love Sister Nelson

Rylee out teaching
  
Parking in Gloucester

Sister missionaries enjoying  Gloucester

No comments:

Post a Comment