Monday, April 8, 2013

General Conference


GENERAL CONFERENCE – GOT TO LOVE IT!!
Thank you so much for the emails!! To ALL!!!!! :) I loved them. It made my day. And they all were so long! 

This week has been really good!!! Wow!! So on Tuesday we had District Meeting. The last one before transfers. It was a great meeting. We talked about the Atonement and conversion. How they both relate. How it helped us on our journey and being out on the mission sharing the gospel. After district meeting we went on exchanges we went Cheltenham with the other sisters. It was really good. Sister O.S. and I taught this girl. She is so sweet. She is a member referral. We sat down and all she wanted to know is what Is it about Mormons. How did it come about....I thought...What a great question!! :) Every missionaries dream. We started teaching the Restoration. I have a lot visual things to help teach. We watched the 20 min. Restoration DVD. It is so powerful!! After the video I asked her how she was feeling. She was speechless. She really liked it. She felt the video was for her. She was feeling the spirit and she didn't know what to do with it except to smile. :) :) We invited her to be baptized and she said yes when I know for myself. She said the closing prayer. It was such a sincere prayer. Really from the heart. She finished and she had tears in her eyes. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong. It was one of the most powerful lessons I have been in.  It's not because of us, it because the spirit was so strong in the lesson." I know that we were supposed to go on exchanges so we could go teach her. It was great

The next day we had some really good lessons. L, she is so sweet. She always says "yeah” it is so sweet. She is coming along well. She said she is going to come to church next week. So hopefully she will. She is like our mother she calls us a few times a week and asks if we had a dinner apt and she also wanted to invite us to her daughter’s birthday party. She is so sweet. She is great. J is amazing. This week when we saw her she knew what we are there for. We sat down and her first words were "what are you going to share with me today! :)” It was so sweet. She loves Jesus and wants to learn more about his gospel.   H has had a couple hard weeks lately. Since she accepted a baptism date, the adversary has been working hard on her. Hopefully we will be able to see her this week.

We also had a really good lesson with F. M and F are the best. We taught the Restoration. It was really good. It was my companions first time leading out in teaching the Restoration and she did AMAZING!  She is an amazing missionary. She is so prepared, she knows the gospel. She has such an amazing testimony when she bares it, you can feel the spirit so strong. His lesson was really good. He is progressing really well. Both came to conference. 
I went to Priesthood we got a ride. My companion has done it before ha ha, she is so funny. She says "if the prophet is speaking I am going to go hear what he has to say. Until someone tells me I am not allowed and shows me in a handbook, I will be there!!" :) :) I love her. It was really good. I loved conference. All of the talks were amazing. It is so hard to pick a favorite.  I love President Monson’s stories he tells the best stories. His faces just make you smile. I loved Pres. Packer’s poem. It was so cute!! I loved the story about the football players watching over this girl who got bullied, the story about the dad who wasn't a member and got up in sacrament mtg and announced that when they go to pick up his son on his mission. He is going to be the last baptism on his mission!! :) Those all made me cry.

But most importantly I loved how the talks were all focused on the Atonement. How much Christ is the centre of the church? Because IT IS, only through Him that we can live with Heavenly Father again. He knew that, and that is why He chose to endure all that pain, and anguish, because He loves us. He loves me. I know that the Atonement is real. I am so grateful for the experiences I have had. I know He is always with me. We can turn to him for anything and everything. He is our savior and redeemer... and FRIEND.

I love you all!! I hope you have a great week. "JESUS LOVES YOU
Gloucster District

Splits in Cheltenham

Splits in Cheltenham

Rylee Missing her brother!




No comments:

Post a Comment