Monday, June 3, 2013

Come Unto Christ Choir Concert

Another Week yet again…..so fast!!!
Hello family this week! Wow!! A+ yet again. You all sent pictures it was so good. I really appreciate it! :) So it made my day a lot better because this morning we got new from President...It made me sad.

So, I'll just tell you about the phone call from President. He called this morning. He told me he has been praying. There are going to be 16 new missionaries and he needs trainers. So he has to move some things around. At the beginning of the phone call he said I would be going to Birmingham on Tuesday and I would be there to finish my mission. I was super sad because I felt like Heavenly Father answered my prayer in having me come back to HOV but then I was being sent away again. Somehow President as he was explaining why he made the decision noticed Sis. Lewis didn't have her license yet. So President called back a little later and said Sis. Turnbow would be leaving and going to Harbour (Birmingham) where she started her mission. It has been a rollercoaster this morning. A lot has happened. But at the same time we have been able to talk about how we are so blessed. We were hoping on the plan ride over to our mission we would serve together. We did for 2 weeks. And it has been an awesome 2 weeks. We have seen Richard enter the waters of baptism; we have done exchanges, worked together and shared what we have learned on our missions. It has been a great 2 weeks. I am sad we will be split up. But it was good while it lasted. So I will stay here, with Sister Laborero. Then Sister Lewis and Turnbow will be in Birmingham together.

This week has been pretty good. We had zone meeting. And because we are the sister leaders we had part in the teaching. It went really well. The sprit was so strong. We talked about confidence, unity, and obedience. It was really good.  It was fun, I was nervous while we were getting it ready. Because I don't feel like I am that experienced. But as the meeting started and we went up, things just came into my mind and it was great. I truly can see the Lord fills your mouth. I love it! :)

We had 2 exchanges, one with Sister Giles and Sister Gilmour, It was so fun. I was able to share how being on a mission you do have to have patience with yourself and you will grow. Maybe not in the time limit you give yourself. But as long as you are always pushing yourself and trying hard. Don't stay in your comfort zone, and then you will continue to change and become the missionary that the Lord needs you to be.  It was great. We also had an exchange with Sister Obias Sanchez and Sister Wengert . We had a really good exchange. They are both so amazing. They really are doing their best and they want to be the best missionaries they can be.

We had COME UNTO CHRIST CHOIR CONCERT in Cheltenham, which is right next to Gloucester. It was so nice to go back to Gloucester. I was able to see some of the ward. A is doing really well. She is working toward her baptism on the 14th :) So excited!! It was fun to see all of the missionaries again as well. I loved it.

At church yesterday we had a miracle. One R got up again and he bore his testimony. We gave him a journal to write down how he felt after his baptism. So he wrote it down and read it for his testimony. He was nervous but he did a good job. Then...we had 2 walk in’s come to church. A young man who just got back from his mission 2 weeks ago invited them to an open house. Sister Turnbow and another sister while I was on exchange taught them. They loved church. They are so sweet. They are coming next week as well. I am so excited!! 

Things are going really well. I love mission life. Today it took a turn. I am VERY grateful I am staying!! I really am so excited!! But I am sad that Sister Turnbow is leaving. I have loved working with her. She is such a hard working missionary and has pushed me to be better and to be excited!! I will miss her a lot but I am so grateful for the time we had to serve together. I loved it!


I love you all. Yesterday someone told me at church we have like 9 weeks left...WHAT!!! ahhhhhhhhh.....I didn't like it, it is so weird. It is going so fast. I love you all. I am so grateful you are all my family. I love you so much and I am so grateful for how close we are. I love you and I can’t wait to hear from you next week.

On the road doing an exchange - Love missionary work!

Zone Conference

Zone Conference

Zone Conference - doing a demonstration

No comments:

Post a Comment